Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summer Vacation!

I just got back from a fabulous vacation at the family cabin in Greer, Arizona. It was a nice break from the usual routine of life. We had a great 4th of July hanging out with cousins. I was lucky enough to be able to go for two weeks and Mike got to come for a long weekend due to the holiday. I hope to be able to continue the tradition! I got to spend one or two months in Mexico every year with my cousins growing up and loved it so I hope Zoey and our future children will get the same opportunity. I think the time frame will have to be modified, but I think it is so great. 
We had family olympics for the 4th
 Mike made a movie with the kids
 relaxed in the cabin some of the days
 hiked on Escadilla mountain a couple of days (which is a gorgeous mountain full of a thick aspen forest)
 rode around on the Rhino
 played it the river with all of the trout
 went to Tin Star everyday to get a treat
watched the annual cousins talent show
 and then came home to our favorite person

2 comments:

Allison said...

looks like so much fun. Your family is so creative! Having a large family pays off later in life right? :)

meg said...

Looks like you all had a great time! We are leaving to MX this weekend. Wish so bad we were meeting you down there. Maybe next year.. Maybe Christmas???