Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Things... and Happy Birthday Mom!

I realized soon after getting married I don't like to cook. I am not sure if it is due to the fact that we do not have a dish washer, and I am not interested in cleaning up, or simply because I don't enjoy slaving for hours in the kitchen for 15 minutes of enjoyment. None the less, I decided I need to get over my cry baby attitude and make some food for my hard working husband. We found a recipe in a cookbook we got for our wedding (grilling from Williams-Sonoma), Grilled fish tacos with green cabbage salad. I was willing to try this one out because it looked super easy and as it turns out it was really delicious! We will definitely be making them again soon! 


All the while Zoey was sleeping peacefully on the living room floor. 

Also, happy Birthday Mom! It would be my moms 60th birthday today. I miss her. I wish we could be celebrating with her tonight, but we lit a candle for her and enjoyed a delicious Sprinkles cupcake in memory of her...I think it will be a fun new tradition :)

3 comments:

brooke said...

i miss you mom too! she was so fun and cute- you're turning out to be just like her!!! that'll be a great tradition! and zoey is so precious there asleep on the floor.

Candace said...

I was the exact same way when we first got married! I hated cooking. It's taken a few years but I actually quite enjoy it now. There are still those days that I refuse to go into the kitchen but for the most part we enjoy homemade meals each night. I'll have to share some of my quick and EASY recipes!
We all miss your mom! I have so many memories of her that I cherish. Happy Birthday Aunt Lur!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I miss her too! I always think about that Chanel Perfume add she had on your fridge. She told me that model had her "Dream figure". I have no idea who the model was pouring that huge bottle of perfume, but I love that memory of your mom!