Wednesday, September 2, 2009

funny day

So Zoey and I went to the grocery store today and I was so excited she was able to sit in the basket for the first time!!! It has been less enjoyable shopping in the past with her in the bjorn grabbing at everything. So we were walking around having a great time until Zoey kept leaning over to the left side only willing to sit on one leg. I was repositioning her when I noticed poop was ALL OVER the seat and she did not want to sit in it anymore. GREAT! I grabbed a wipe to get it off her leg and the seat and now had a big poopy wipe in my hand with no trash can in sight. I had to wrap it up in some paper and shove it in my bag. 
I just let her dangle to one side the rest of the trip while I finished shopping. All the while every lady over the age of 50 wanted to talk to her along the way. We finally made it out to the car and I was parked right next to this big yellow line. How was I supposed to know if I crossed the line the wheels on my cart would lock!!! So There I was, two feet from my car with a poopy baby, and a cart that would not move. Some guy saw me struggling so he was nice enough to drag my cart to my trunk for me. 
I got Zoey all cleaned up, loaded the car and drove home.  At home, I started unbuckling Zoey and noticed a little brown thing on her face. "IS THAT POOP??" She was laughing and sucking on her hands while, to my horror, I looked her over and there was poop on everything! She had gone all over the car seat before we even got the the store and I never noticed it. I was so grossed out and I am pretty sure she had her first taste of poop today! And she was as happy as could be. Funny day! 

12 comments:

brooke said...

that is hilarious!! she was probably still so cute even covered in poop.

Jennefer said...

I am totally laughing out loud right now! How funny! It totally sounds like something I can relate to - I am glad I am not the only one with baby poop drama!

Miss you guys!

Morgan said...

thanks for reminding me why i don't have kids :)

Gretta said...

Awesome!! A good taste of poop'll learn her. That's what she gets for doing those number twos in her pants.

Courtney said...

oh my gosh - I'm laughing so hard! public poop disasters are the worst!

Chad, Melanie and Layla said...

ha ha.. that is too funny! I'm glad you shared this :)

Candace said...

I am laughing out loud right now! I'm sure you weren't at the moment. Gotta love the blow outs!

Kristen said...

oh the joy! good times, ha!

Briana said...

Dude, one N in Briana.

I was cracking up the whole time reading this...I'm glad you shared.

Brit Warner said...

Dude! My bad!

Troy and Mindi said...

SO FUNNY!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Oh I am laughing! I feel so sorry for you. I am sure you did your best, and are such a great momma! You just never know now that they can eat real food!