Wednesday, May 21, 2008

House Makeover!

Mike and I have been married for just over two months now and the house is getting closer to feeling like home. I had to take some before pictures of Mike and Andy's place to fully appreciate the changes made. It has been really fun putting it all together with Mikey.
The biggest change is the living room area.

This is the before picture
And here are the after pictures

We had everything repainted which made the biggest difference. We didn't have a lot of furniture pieces to work with that went together, but I like a more eclectic look anyway...

I wanted to find some colorful pillows to add to the sofa because it was so plain and when we started looking for some I realized how expensive they are. Why are they so ridiculously overpriced!? Luckily, mike and I found these really cool dish towels in all these bright colors at Anthropologie and figured we could make our own pillows. I just folded some in half and back stitched them with embroidery thread to make the small ones. And then we found some that had similar patterns to make a front and a back for the bigger pillows. I just recycled the batting from old ugly pillows and got some new filler for some.

It was fun to make them, super cheap and they turned out pretty well.

Homemade pillows

The Kitchen got a bit of a makeover as well. Mostly just color and I am still hoping to change out the gross linoleum for some inexpensive tile...

Kitchen Before
Kitchen after

The other rooms are not entirely finished. Our bedroom is coming along and the guest room/office is slowly getting organized.. but this is what I have to show for now:

Bathroom before
Bathroom after (different one but gives you the idea)
Bedroom before
Bedroom after

It has been pretty fun and I am excited to finish the rest!

7 comments:

Steele Family said...

WOW!! Your house looks great!!

meg said...

Hey Brit! I found your blog.. I love your new place. Wish you would have joined us at the happiest place on earth! Take care. Meg

Candace said...

That looks pretty good. I don't know what it is with you Steele girls...you got all the talent in interior design!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I am so excited that I stalked you through Sommers blog and tracked you down! I love your a little touch of Britney can do a lot for a boys house. You made your new home look so nice! You guys have to be the cutest happy little couple?! I am so glad you are happy! Your wedding dress looked so beautiful! You looked beautiful! I loved your tables, and the pictures of your bouquet. You have such great taste. I am really happy for you.

I am not sure if I sent you an invite, but I just went private on our blog. Email me at: a_teerlink@yahoo.com , if you want to be on the list.

I love ya Brit! Sounds like all is well, and I am so happy for you, again!

Love, Aimee

Troy and Mindi said...

Love what you have done with the place Brit- you are so creative!

Lindsay said...

see you are Martha Stewart. I talked to Robyn and we are thinking of trying to come visit in July. What do you think. Oh and I love what you did with the place. I miss you.

Jill said...

You have done such a good job decorating, I am very impressed! I love the pillows....such a good idea.