Thursday, May 8, 2008

Photography

I purchased a Canon digital SLR last year to test out my photography skills and start a new hobby.
Turns out I love to take pictures!
I took one class just to learn the basics and I have been testing it out....
It helps that Mikey is great at photography and he can help me with little hints along the way.

I have found it is hard to stay enthused about it all the time, as with anything, but it is not long before I miss "trying" to be artistic and pick my camera up again.

I compiled a bunch of some of my favorite pictures over the year on my flickr account.

Here are my top 13 favorites
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.

I still have a lot to learn, but I am excited to look back on my pictures to see if I have progressed. The pictures posted are in order according to time so maybe I have improved a little over the course of a year.

My sister started taking classes as well and I feel like I need some lessons from her already! Look at these two great pictures she took...

6 comments:

Lacee Jo-nes said...

I didn't giv you permission to post those.... Now I'm embarrassed...

Candace said...

I love the pictures you posted! Great shots.

Brit Warner said...

actually, you kinda did when they were posted free to the public on Flickr :)...

Lacee Jo-nes said...

I thought they were private...

shoot.

Jill said...

Nice pictures! I will have to get Sean on here so he can preview them as well, he will be so impressed. Thanks for inviting us to your blog, I love seeing all your fun pictures and hearing about what is going on in with you guys.

Sarah said...

I love the picture of the jelly fish!