Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas and new years 09

We had a great time this year with my family in Arizona. We got spend a week and a half with all of my siblings and families (My Dad and Nancy were missing as they are on a mission for 18 months in Hong Kong), but they got to join us several times through Skype. We spent Christmas eve at Brooke and Tony's with delicious food, a pinata (it is not Christmas without one) and a great reenactment of the nativity. 
Zoey spent most of her night walking around the house with this shopping cart. 
We of course opened our christmas pajamas that night and my nephew Mason was in for a big surprise! Mary (His mom, my sister-in-law) thought he knew the present he got to open on Christmas Eve was pajamas. He had been waiting for days to open this present asking over and over if he could just open it. When the time finally came he had the most priceless look on his face! He was completely horrified! He threw them on the ground and yelled PAJAMAS??!! I caught a picture after the outcry and it was awesome. He got over it pretty fast, but we were laughing for a long time. 
Christmas morning was a lot of fun watching all the kids open their presents. Zoey seemed to have a good time. We had fun helping her open her presents anyway.  
The rest of the week was fun, with great food. I got to enjoy Ned's Krazy Sub several times, as well as Paradise Bakery, Cafe Rio and Cafe Rumba to name a few of the favorites. We got to spend some time with Matt, Mike's little brother. We went to dinner with he and his girlfriend Savannah, who is really cute. Mike and I even got to go on a date night to see Sherlock Holmes, which was awesome (good job Peter)! 
We had a fun New Years eve party with lots of kids, making noise makers, playing rock band and eating more good food. Then we played games for prizes and I won an awesome car air freshener. 
I am always sad to leave my family, but I am happy to be back home were I can get back into my routine and stop living out of a suitcase. Zoey had a great time with her cousins and we are looking forward to seeing them again soon (fingers crossed)! 

2 comments:

brooke said...

i love zoey's moose(?) outfit, too cute. was that used in the nativity? it was fun seeing you, i need to come visit soon! love ya!

Kristen said...

congratulations!!! we need to make plans (again) to hang out!