Saturday, January 30, 2010

saturday.

Today we woke up early, well, Mike did anyway. He let me sleep in for an extra hour and then we decided to go for a walk to get some Santa Monica sunshine. We went to the spot I go walking with a running group two times a week were it is not uncommon to have celebrity sightings. Well, Mike, Zoey and I got to cross paths with these two (pictured below) twice on our walk.  Mike thought it would look cool if he made a big check mark in the air as we passed them. I am not sure how cool it was, but it was a fun morning anyway. 
Since the day started out so well we wanted to have it continue at the new Cafe Rio in Lake Forest. And hour drive for a delicious salad was totally worth it. Plus, we ran into an old friend randomly that I had not seen in years (Paul aka "lumpy"). 
Then we continued our awesome day by spending ridiculous amounts of money on a whole new wardrobe for Zoey, but it was all 30% off! 
It turned out that poor little Zoey so happened to have a fever of 102 (teething) and her lame parents never noticed until we got home. She is a trooper! We gave her some Tylenol and put her in bed and she is currently talking in her sleep. She is so cute. 
Now we are about to start a movie (Adam), which I hope will be great, and eat ice cream sandwiches. I hope you all had a fabulous Saturday too! 

7 comments:

Sommer said...

FUN! Mine was not even close...lazy day. But it was also a whopping 37 degrees-uugghhh!

Briana said...

Awesome.

This made me smile.

Jill said...

I'm jealous. Let's just say I did none of those things. Live it up!

brooke said...

the terminator is looking good in his old age! sounds like a good day!! i'm coming to visit you soon.

jazmine said...

thats so cool that he was out...maybe i should take dan there on a saturday too! and thanks for hosting bunco it was so fun!

Meikel said...

Ah the Governator, I am a little jealous. So glad you live near a Cafe Rio, I don't know what I would do with out one!

Juliann said...

Ohhh! So worth the drive for a delicious C.R. Salad!!! I'm craving it, just thinking about it! We will have to break in the new MBeach one, all together!