Wednesday, March 30, 2011

glory days.

So Mike and I finally went on our fist real date in about 2 years. We need to make it happen more often! However, we will have to get a second job to finance a babysitter. Who knew babysitters in LA did not exists for less than $15 an hour?? Not me! I guess paying someone $100 for the night is worth it if it is once every 2 years. Luckily our friends had a cousin who was up for the job and she was great!
We had stress free night getting shakes at the hip Cafe 101 and going to the OMD concert (which was amazing!). I could not believe that no one I talked to had any knowledge of who OMD was when I said we were going to their concert. I am sure they just didn't realize they knew who they were...everyone knows this song

Easily their most famous song, but definitely only one of MANY gems. They are 23 years older now at a young 51 and just as fabulous as ever! Worth every penny! And we had the pleasure of being introduced to Mackintosh Braun as their opener. They were really awesome.
Fingers crossed we can get out again before another 2 years goes by!

The highlight of the date came from Mike telling me he felt pretty cool being at an awesome concert with a hot chick. HA! He makes me smile.

3 comments:

brooke said...

that would be an awesome concert! i may move to LA and become a career babysitter.

Jill said...

awesome! its depressing how much babysitters cost, huh? in ny that was the going rate as well...we paid for a babysitter once the entire time we lived there, and only bc we had to go to a wedding! $100 for a night. it was insane.

that concert sounds like fun! you guys partied like rockstars!

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

I can't believe the sitter charged that much! Maybe I will start a real "babysitters club" to fund the kids' college years::)

SO glad the concert was so fun -- and I totally know that song, I just never knew who sang it. You guys are awesome:)