
I have been living here for about seven months, not including the 6 months of traveling here, and I have yet to find a place that I love to eat. There are plenty of good places to eat around here, tons in fact, but not a single place that I would want to eat at any given moment.
Thinking back on all of the places I have lived, there have always been several places I would love to eat at at any given moment.
Arizona = Ned's Crazy Sub (this place has delicious bread that makes the sub's have a distinct taste no one else can duplicate)
Rosa's (all around GOOD Mexican food)
Idaho = the Pizza place up the street I can never remember the name of (delicious bread sticks and calzones)
New York Burrito (good ingredients for good burritos)
Texas = EZ's (the best burger place EVER)
Rudy's BBQ (the best BBQ brisket in the world)
Utah = Cafe Rio (a taste so many have tried to duplicate, but it can't be done)
Thai Chile Gardens (best massaman curry, and pad Thai I have had to date, and I have tried a lot of places in California, no one comes close)
Good Wood (great pulled pork and brisket sandwiches)
J dogs (best hot dogs)
Bajio (close second to cafe rio.. different taste, but just as good)
Bombay House (excellent Indian food that strangely enough is in Provo Utah)
I am feeling let down by the food places here. How could there be SOOOO many places to eat, all with good food, but not a single place that gives me something that is unforgettable!?
I am heading to Utah on Thursday and I can't wait to get a taste of food I have been craving!
6 comments:
how soon you forget the coconut shrimp roll . . . the roll which made you think "oh, maybe i DO like sushi . . . "
<3
Ha! I guess Huston's does deserve recognition for the unforgettable sushi roll, but still does not qualify as a place that I always want to go to. :)
YESS!! So happy to see a new post!! How the heck are you feeling???? I love that here in AZ we now have 4 of your faves. Bajio and Cafe Rio, Rosas and Neds!! Move back brit, and then you can satisfy your cravings any time you want! And i would be there right along side you. I drove 30 mins to get to Neds the other day. This baby so wanted oil and vinegar on a sub!
Huston's is pretty good - but i have to agree with you. No place really stands out as "always awesome, all the time". There was this Italian place..... ;)
Good luck in the search - have fun in Utah!
Stop by the G store if you get a minute! We would all love to see you!
NY is the same way. There are TONS of places to eat, but I don't know where any of them are, or which places are good. Any suggestions?!
And just a suggestion, you should post a picture of your cute belly. I want to see it now!
Post a Comment